ENABLING BETTER TRAVEL
Global Distribution System
Originating in the 1960s, Global Distribution System (GDS) altered the way in which airline inventory distribution is done. However the traditional legacy GDS launched in the era of brick & mortar commerce is increasingly reinventing itself into an agile inventory distribution combined with the prowess of integrating rail, hotels, cruise and other travel inventory.
Today the simple airline distribution system has graduated to become the next generation fully integrated platform. It can provide unified experience from ticketing & reservations to departure control, fares management to mobile and multichannel support.
IGT has been associated with the leading GDS providers to develop, test, maintain, and manage various mission-critical and new age applications across the entire spectrum of the GDS portfolio. IGT has deep understanding and proven experience of working on 6 major GDS including Apollo, Galileo, Worldspan, Sabre, Amadeus, Travelsky.
- IGT Offerings
- Business Value / Demonstrated Capability
As a leading provider of integrated IT-BPO solutions to the travel and hospitality industry, IGT has been associated with 6 leading GDSs. By virtue of its immense understanding of travel domain and experience in both mainframe and new technologies, IGT has been supporiting the GDS across business consulting, technology and business process management.
- Business Services: IGT helps GDS companies focus their business goals around revenue, cost savings, efficiency and customer satisfaction through its specialized business services including:
- Social Media
- Call Center Management
- Technology Services: IGT has proven expertise in mainframe technologies like TPF, zTPF and new age applications like Mobile and Social Commerce. IGT can support GDS both in managing and modernization of its systems and processes
- Application Services
- Architecture Consulting
- Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing
- Core Applications
- Product Implementation
- Software Testing
- Technical and functional expertise across 6 GDS including Apollo, Galileo, Amadeus, Sabre, Worldspan, Travelsky
- 4 Million man hours of experience gained from maintenance of 3 of the world’s largest systems on TPF
- Creation of industry’s first “Cross Functional Impact Matrix” enabling quick identification of root causes and its impact on multiple functions
- Repository of 96000 test case scenarios enabling faster root cause analysis, eventually enabling faster project completion time